About two weeks ago I got a spontaneous midnight surprise in the form of a black (and purple and red and blue) eye. I’ve come to describe it as a peril of aggressive late-night cuddling. I am finally to a point where it is almost entirely healed and, overall, I lucked out throughout the healing process. I was terrified blood would drain out the whites in my eyes or drip down to form a huge bag underneath. However, it stayed mostly put in my lid and slowly but surely dissipated. Meanwhile, anxiety baking continues and my recipe diary is getting longer and longer. Last night was capped off with a taste test of carrot-coconut cake v. this carrot cake. The match was a draw.
Some things that feel worth sharing this morning:
- With a sea of democratic contenders it’s helpful to understand some motivations for running even if you don’t really stand a chance. (new york times)
- Really enjoyed this article on Ivanka Trump. (the atlantic)
- Learning of this Ned Flanders rock band made me giggle. (rolling stone)
- A User Manuel for Your Knees. Filed also under: I feel old. (new york times)
- I’d never thought about it before but we’re the only animals with chins. (the atlantic)
- This journey through dance photography made me happy. (new york times)